Taken by Martina
For me, this song has no particular person. Its presence here is not pointed, cannot be interpreted. But when a song you’ve heard a thousand times manages to give you fresh goosebumps on a weekday morning, you share.
- Boss: Redheads. I wanna like them. I like their freckles but I dislike their posture.
- Me: Hmm, I guess a lot of redheads have poor posture.
- Boss: Why do you think that is?
- Me (without so much as a beat): Redheads learn shame really early.
- Boss (after looking at me for a loooooong time): You just had that one fully formed, did ya?
That anyone should care in this heat whose flushed lips he kissed, whose head made damp the pajama pocket over his heart.
A damn fine writer.
This is a quote that is never quoted but is my new favourite.
My place in life is inside dresses that hit the floor.
“What a woman!” they’ll (hopefully) say.
“She’s some kind of lady!”
and what not.